Why Partner with Healthy Pima?
Healthy Pima is a small initiative with a very big mission and we cannot achieve it alone. We welcome everyone who shares our passion for taking action to create a healthier Pima County to join the initiative.
Healthy Pima is rich with intellectual capital, resources, and local knowledge. Healthy Pima members frequently cite the following as benefits of being part of this community initiative:
- Access to best practice tools
- Data support and resources
- Access to evidence-based policies and programs
- Increased visibility and promotion of their organization
- New partnerships and expanded networks
- Strategic coordination and action planning
- Networking opportunities
- Evaluation of action planning measures
- Marketing assistance
- Increased awareness of community resources that align and strengthen their organizational efforts
- Learning about new evidence-based strategies
- Alignment with public health efforts to meet the goals and objectives of their organization
- Visibility as a community leader
How Can Your Organization Contribute?
There is no cost associated with Healthy Pima. Healthy Pima involvement is voluntary and open to the public. As a Healthy Pima partner, you are invited to participate in Healthy Pima action groups focused around improving the county's health. These groups provide a forum for sharing ideas and resources as well as to identify gaps and barriers to existing services.
Involvement in Healthy Pima includes:
PARTICIPATION IN ACTION GROUP MEETINGS
Join the dynamic collaboration of community organizations and teams that share a mission to work with one another, as well as in partnership with community members, to deliver on the full promise of a healthier Pima County for Everyone. Everywhere. Everyday.
PROVIDING INFORMATION AND UPDATES ON YOUR ORGANIZATION'S WORK
Increase awareness of the programs and services you provide by connecting with community partners who share your passion for improving community health. Learn More.
SHARING COLLECTIVE RESPONSIBILITY FOR IMPLEMENTING THE COUNTY'S COMMUNITY HEALTH IMPROVEMENT PLAN
Support the development of shared community goals for health improvement by assuming responsibility for specific activities in the county's Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) that align with your organization's mission and goals.
LEVERAGING RESOURCES TO ADVANCE COMMUNITY HEALTH
Community resources are used most efficiently when organizations like yours coordinate together on similar activities and projects.
Healthy Pima 1.0 accomplishments include working with jurisdictional officials, community partners, and health coalitions to:
- Adopt a Complete Streets Ordinance.
- Expand and Revise an Urban Agriculture Ordinance.
- Conduct 7 federal insurance marketplace and AHCCCS enrollment events.
- Raise $187,500 for radio ads in English and Spanish to increase Pima County residents with health insurance.
Develop a Health Impact Assessment for proposed infrastructure improvements to the South 12th Ave Corridor.