Healthy Pima is proud to support our partners who promote Healthy Pima's mission of working together to build a culture of health in Pima County. Every one. Every where. Every day.
Co-Chair: Annemarie Medina, YMCA of Southern Arizona
Co-Chair: Carolyn Owens, 501 Navigation
Activate Tucson works to educate, motivate and facilitate long-term collaboration with business, government, schools, communities, neighborhoods, social service agencies and the media toward making the greater Tucson area a healthier place to live work and play.
Activate Tucson's activities for 2018 are to:
- Advocate for the Arizona Legislature to pass a School Recess Bill to increase recess periods for students in grades K-5
- Support the Living Streets Alliance (LSA) in passing a Complete Streets policy in Pima County
Activate Tucson meets the third Wednesday of every month at the Tucson Medical Tucson Orthopedic Foundation at 7:30 AM.
Southern Arizona Stop the Bleed Coalition
ICSAVE actively strives to develop integrated preparedness and response practices and strategies to prevent or mitigate the physical, psychological, spiritual and financial impact of incidents ranging in severity from common workplace and recreational injuries to violent mass casualty incidents.
To learn about FREE courses offered by the coalition, contact: Susan Kinkade at 520 694-4713 or email@example.com
Healthy South Tucson
President: Lorenzo Gonzalez, City of South Tucson
Vice President: OPEN
Healthy South Tucson is comprised of community and neighborhood partners that have come together to make the City of South Tucson healthier through mind, body and spirit.
Healthy South Tucson's activities for 2018 are to:
- Conduct quarterly neighborhood clean-ups in South Tucson: Feb. 10th and Sept. 22nd
- Host an annual Health Fair for residents of South Tucson on Sat., April 14th from 9am-1pm at House of Neighborly Services
- Host an annual Back-to-School Drive to support South Tucson elementary schools and community youth centers.
- Host a Shoe & Jacket Drive in collaboration with local police and fire departments to provide elementary school students from South Tucson with a new pair of shoes and a jacket.
Healthy South Tucson meets the first Monday of every month in person at Las Abuelitas Community Center located at 440 E. 26th St. Tucson AZ 85713 from 10-11am.